Rebecca Meehan and Susan Clinton are the co-founders and owners of Embody Physiotherapy and Wellness. Our combined experience in outpatient and specialty PT, a dedication to pro-active preventive and wellness care, rehabilitation after injury or illness, and the ability to offer more tools to our clients through personized, integrative, and holistic treatment led to the development of Embody Physiotherapy.
PTs are experts in body function and movement. In addition to experience in general health and wellness, Susan and Rebecca have specialist training and certifications in:
- Women’s Health and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (which includes pelvic floor and GI dysfunction in women, men, and children)
- Orthopedic and Manual Therapy
- Medical Therapeutic Yoga
- Bone Health
We have special interests in pelvic and GI health, persistent pain, pre and postnatal problems, and cancer-related issues, and work with individuals with problems related to arthritis and joint problems, headaches, TMJ, and neck and spine problems that develop during daily life, illness, or in performing arts and sports-related activities. Working with you after injury or illness or to PREVENT injury or problems, our goal is to help our clients optimize pain free function and overall health.
What we offer our clients and patients:
- We help you meet YOUR goals for best health, movement, strength, and function with less or no pain.
- One-on-one customized program that will evolve as you change while working with Rebecca or Susan your entire visit.
- Support, knowledge and treatment based on assessment at your first visit and constant re-assessment.
- Integrated and functional medicine, and a team approach with your medical team, nutritionist, counselor, and any alternative practitioners you work with
- “Bodies in motion tend to stay in motion." If your goal is to feel better, move better, and live better, we can help.
IF YOU CANNOT BOOK DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS:
Please call (412) 259-5342 or email email@example.com for an appointment
Rebecca M. Meehan
PT, WCS, PYT-C
Rebecca received her Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from the Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University in 1982 and has been learning from her patients, expanding her practice knowledge, and learning ways to help her clients move and be better since that time. She is a board certified Women's Health Specialist, and is currently obtaining her certification and credentials as a Medical Therapeutic Yoga (MTY) provider and practitioner through the Professional Yoga Therapy Institute. Rebecca utilizes manual therapy for spine and joints, visceral mobilization techniques and other hands on techniques, as well as strength, mobility, and balance work to help her clients achieve their goals. She also treats children with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Encopresis, and Incontinence, with the recognition that children are not "small adults" and benefit from specialized treatment. Her interest and passion for wellness, prevention , and integrative health led to her study of MTY, as well as Bones for Life and Franklin Method, and she incorporates this knowledge into her work with individual clients and into the movement and yoga classes she teaches. Rebecca enjoys working with Physical Therapy and other students, teaching professionals, and teaching in the community. She is a participant with the Birthworkers of Western PA, the APTA, the Section on Women's Health, and the PPTA, and teaches in the PYTI program.
In her time out of the office, Rebecca enjoys traveling and spending time with family and friends, and uses gardening, bicycling, yoga, and cooking as "therapy".
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore, is not an act, but a habit. " Aristotle.
Susan C. Clinton
PT, DScPT, OCS, WCS, COMT, FAAOMPT
Susan currently practices in Sewickley, Pennsylvania and is the co-owner and founder of Embody Physiotherapy and Wellness, LLC. Susan is active in teaching and research as an adjunct instructor for the University of Pittsburgh, Chatham University and Slippery Rock University. Additionally, she is an international instructor and presenter of post-professional education in women’s health and orthopedic manual therapy. Her research activities include publications on chronic pelvic pain and clinical practice guidelines for the APTA Section on Women's Health and Orthopedic Section. Susan is active with the American Physical Therapy Association, serving in governance as a local delegate and alternate delegate, and as the Chair of the Clinical Practice Guidelines steering committee for the Section on Women’s Health. She is an inaugural BOD member of the non-profit Women’s Health Global Initiative. Susan enjoys walking / hiking, country line dance and ballroom and is an avid supporter of music, the arts and international objectives for women’s health.
In addition to working with individuals and teaching in our practice, Rebecca and Susan are active:
- Susan is on Faculty in the DPT programs at Chatham University and University of Pittsburgh
- Susan teaches through NAIOMPT (North American Institute Orthopedic Manual Therapists)
- Rebecca teaches with the Professional Yoga Therapy Institute
- Susan is on the advisory board of The Pelvic Guru ©
- Rebecca and Susan teach and provide Professional Education Contuing Education Courses and mentorship
We are members of
- IPPS (International Pelvic Pain Society), AUGS (American Urogynecology Society), IWHI (Integrative Womens Health Institute)
- APTA (American Physical Therapy Association), SOWH (Section on Women's Health), PPTA (PA Physical Therapy Association)
- GWHI (Global Women's Health Initiative), ICCS (International Children's Continence Society), PYTI (Professional Yoga Therapy Institute)
- CWE (Center for Women's Entrepreneurship, Chatham University), PAACC (PGH Area Airport Chamber of Commerce), Sewickley Chamber of Commerce
At Embody, we treat:
- Back and Hip Pain
- Neck and Upper Back Pain
- Joint and Muscular Pain
- Urinary and Fecal Incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- Pain with Intercourse
- GI Dysfunction
- Childhood bedwetting, daytime leakage, encopresis
Does Distance prevent you from seeing us in person, or you have been through PT in another location and you are not sure that we can assist you? A consultation may be a solution. "Consultation is the process of getting advice from an expert." (Collins Dictionary). If you have questions about your health and wellness needs but are not able to see us at our Sewickley practice location, please contact us about the option of a consultation by distance. We may also be able to help you find someone closer to home to assist you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-259-5342 to schedule your consultation.
10 minute Phone Consultation: Free
30 Minute Phone or Internet Consultation: $50.00
60 Minute Phone, internet or In-Person Consultation: $100.00