Yoga for Arthritis, Spine Health, and Strong Bones
- Do you believe that you cannot “do yoga” because of arthritis, joint pain, joint replacements, and limits in your mobility and strength?
- Have you been told that Yoga is “not good for you” if you have osteopenia or osteoporosis?
- Would you like to gain spine and joint mobility, improve your posture, perhaps regain some height (this may not occur in 8 weeks, but it can occur!), and gain strength?
- Are you unsure of your balance and ability to participate?
- Would you like to CREATE CHANGE?
If you answered “Maybe” or “Yes” to any of the above questions, join us for an 8 week session of “Yoga for Arthritis, Spine Health, and Strong Bones”. These classes will be progressive and we will add on each week. You will learn breath, postures, and poses that you may do at home or incorporate into other yoga or exercise programs.
- Although the ability to get onto and off of the floor is a plus, classes may be done in a chair.
- Shoes may be worn.
- You do not need specific “yoga clothing”, only clothing that allows you to move easily. We have mats and other equipment.
This IS a group class, and while Rebecca is first and foremost a Physical Therapist, the class will be addressing all of the above concerns for the entire group. If you have concerns about your ability to participate or would like to discuss individual evaluation and sessions to meet your needs, please contact Rebecca Meehan PT WCS PYT at firstname.lastname@example.org Often, after evaluation and 1-2 individual sessions, you will have the confidence and ability to participate in the class.
Register for the class and decide that you would like a specific evaluation and program to meet your needs in addition to the class series, receive a discount of 19% ($28.50) on your evaluation cost!
8 Week Class Series: $110.00
The following is a complete listing of the classes we offer.
Dynamic Core Confidence & Pelvic Power Yoga 8 Week Class Series. Thursdays 6:30-8 PM, January 17- March 7, 2019. Info and register
Yoga for Arthritis, Spine Health, & Strong Bones 8 Week Class Series. Tuesdays 9:30-11 AM, January 29-March 12 2019. Info and register
Pregnancy Points From the Pros: Preparing for Pregnancy, Delivery, and After. Information and Register Here. Winter 2019 TBA
Core & Pelvic Floor Fitness and Health After Baby; Recover and Restore . Information and Register Here Winter 2019 TBA