Having a baby brings about many changes...
Pregnancy and Post-Partum Physical Therapy
What is on your "Mom to Be" and "New Mom" wish list? To feel balanced, strong, and helthy? To enjoy time with your new baby and family without leakage, pain, or wondering if you are doing too much? To feel confident in your changing body?
Being told "You have had a baby...that's normal" is not an adequate answer! Susan and Rebecca are Women's Health Physiotherapy Specialists. We have answers and solutions to help you as you prepare for childbirth, and recover, restore and "re-fine"after the baby is born.
We believe that all women benefit from PT during pregnancy and after birth to help them as they navigate the changes in their body, and to help prepare for birth, reconnect in the early days, and to strengthen and regain in the "4th Trimester" and beyond!
Some of the questions and concerns you might have during and after pregnancy, and that we have answers for:
- DRA (diastasis), Pelvic floor issues including scar and pain.
- Bladder leakage or frequency and urge changes, constipation and bowel concerns.
- SI , Back and neck pain.
- Strength and recoordination of Core and Pelvic Floor.
- SI and pubic symphysis pain, round ligament pain, and vulvar varicosities.
- C-section or episiotomy scar restrictions and pain.
Check out our Core Confidence and Pelvic Power Yoga Class series. The next one begins September 10. https://www.embody-pt.com/classes/core-confidence-and-pelvic-power-plus-yoga-class-series
We see clients with many concerns and issues during and after pregnancy, including:
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominus / DRA
- Back, Hip, Leg and Foot Pain
- Pelvic and Tailbone Pain
- Neck and Upper Back Pain
- Shoulder / Arm Pain & Tingling
- Athletic Performance
- Work, Exercise and Life Modifications
- Bone Health Concerns