Having a baby brings about many changes...
Pregnancy and Post-Partum Physical Therapy
What is on your "Mom to Be" and "New Mom" wish list? To feel balanced, strong, and fit? To enjoy time with your new baby and family without leakage, pain, or wondering if you are doing too much? Pregnancy and Childbirth bring about many changes in the body, including soft tissue lengthening, strength and coordination changes, and postural alignment challenges, and many questions. We have answers!
We believe that all women benefit from PT during pregnancy and after birth to help them as they navigate the changes in their body, and to help prepare for birth, reconnect in the early days, and to strengthen and regain in the "4th Trimester" and beyond!
We work with you in a one-on-one setting or in a more generalized exercise class setting to help you reconnect, restore, and revitalize your post-partum body.
Some of the questions and concerns you might have during and after pregnancy, and that we have answers for:
- DRA (diastasis), Pelvic floor issues including scar and pain.
- Bladder leakage or frequency and urge changes, constipation and bowel concerns.
- SI , Back and neck pain.
- Strength and recoordination of Core and Pelvic Floor.
- SI and pubic symphysis pain, round ligament pain, and vulvar varicosities.
Post-partum does NOT end at 6 weeks; the body is changing for months after delivery, and that is why we offer moms a special program: Evaluation and 4 visits, 5th visit is 50% discount
This program is for moms during pregnancy and with children up to 3 years old. If your youngest child is older than 3 years old, please discuss our other programs and services with us.
We see clients with these types of musculoskeletal issues including:
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominus / DRA
- Back, Hip, Leg and Foot Pain
- Pelvic and Tailbone Pain
- Neck and Upper Back Pain
- Shoulder / Arm Pain & Tingling
- Athletic Performance
- Work, Exercise and Life Modifications
- Bone Health Concerns
Do you experience any of these issues?
- Urinary and Fecal Incontinence
- Painful Intercourse
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Dysfunction
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Our clients are able to:
- Work and exercise safely, during and after pregnancy
- Resume post-partum activity safely with improved core, spine, and pelvic floor stability
We provide coordinated services with your physician and other health care providers.