What to expect the first day
Your first visit at Embody Physiotherapy will include :
- A comprehensive musculoskeletal and movement examination. We will discuss what it is that YOU are having difficulty with and what you want to be able to achieve and do.
- We will begin treatment during the first visit. Based on our evaluation, techniques that we might utilize will be movement techniques and exercises, manual therapy, and education to help you decrease pain and improve mobility, strength, and function.
- You will leave with the beginning of an individualized home program to work towards improved function, mobility, balance, strength, and less pain and stiffness-whatever it is that you need and want to do.
We will work with your health and fitness team will allow you to achieve the best results for today and years to come.
For Children and Their Parents:
Rebecca evaluates and treats children, preteens, and teens with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction including but not limited to bedwetting, daytime incontinence (leaking), "giggle incontinence", encopresis and constipation, and fecal incontinence, as well as pain. The evaluation and treatments are NOT invasive, and parents or guardians are involved. Education is a large part of this process, as well as giving tools for management. Rebecca employs a team appraoch with your child as the center of that team, and works with the parents or guardian and the physician to treat and improve your child's function. Please contact Rebecca at email@example.com to learn more about helping your child to be confident and dry or to set up a time for an evaluation.
At Embody, we treat:
- Back and Hip Pain
- Neck and Upper Back Pain
- Joint and Muscular Pain
- Urinary and Fecal Incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- Pain with Intercourse
- GI Dysfunction
- Childhood bedwetting, daytime leakage, encopresis
Does Distance prevent you from seeing us in person, or you have been through PT in another location and you are not sure that we can assist you? A consultation may be a solution. "Consultation is the process of getting advice from an expert." (Collins Dictionary). If you have questions about your health and wellness needs but are not able to see us at our Sewickley practice location, please contact us about the option of a consultation by distance. We may also be able to help you find someone closer to home to assist you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-259-5342 to schedule your consultation.
10 minute Phone Consultation: Free
60 Minute Phone, Internet or In-Person Consultation: $150.00
Dynamic Core Confidence & Pelvic Power Yoga 8 Week Class Series. Thursdays 6:30-8 PM, January 17- March 7, 2019. Info
Pregnancy Points From the Pros: Preparing for Pregnancy, Delivery, and After. Information and Register Here. March 9, 9:30-11AM
Core & Pelvic Floor Fitness and Health After Baby; Recover and Restore . Information and Register Here March 9, noon-1:30 PM